21 January 2015

January 2015 DEEP Body Love (Dive * Empower * Emerge * Play) Time to Play!



I love this image, it reminds me of reflections from within.  If this is what occurs for us in how we feel about ourselves and our body then we are living our gorgeous life the way we are meant too!

Heartfelt acceptance
Body, mind, spirit connect
Feel alive in bliss

Following on from January's Newsletter DEEP Body Love and January's Blog DEEP Body Love - Here's what I know ... this blog invites you to play!


Heartfelt dialogue

Why not have a go at this. Choose a time and a place where you will not be disturbed, knowing that you are giving yourself a few moments of just being, even 5 minutes, you will be surprised. Enjoy!


If you journal then you have probably used these types of prompts before, if not, I encourage you to be curious and play, simple as that. Try not to allow the left, logical brain to take over! Choose a book, paper, journal that gives you a smile when you think you are going to play with it.  If a blank sheet challenges you, draw a big heart to fill the page and write in the middle or do some scribbles and write over the top!! 
  
Have some crayons, actually the bigger the better as this often helps you to show up and play. I have many different types of pens, gel ones, glitter ones, felt ones.  When you answer 'Heartfelt dialogue' questions, it seems to encourage a more spontaneous answer.  You may choose to experiment, writing with your non dominant hand, big crayons, fine tip pens and see what happens. 

For our topic lets pick 'body' - our body.  The following are prompts that I invite you to complete. Write the actual prompt and then in a relaxed, playful way, allow your pen to move and reveal whatever comes up, no matter how silly or different it might sound. Suspend all judgment and see what happens.  Your are just playing, right! Have fun! 


So address your body:
  • How do you like living in my world?
  • What would you like to be different?
  • How can I help you?
  • How can you help me?
  • How can I improve our relationship?
  • How can we have more fun together?
  • What I need from you is?
  • I want to thank you for being here for me no matter what.  I want you to know that I am doing the best with what I know at the time and when I learn something different I will try different things.  I am learning.  I love you even though I may not it. 
Now, give yourself some time to be in this space!  Just notice what you notice. How may this experience connect you even just a little in developing a nurturing, nourishing relationship with you?  Even asking that question and letting it go will be of use! 

When I first did an exercise like this many years ago, I cried, to be hones,t and spent the next few days beating myself up and consequently my body up.  However, this is all part of the journey, we came through it and started a healing, more compassionate journey together.  

You may have a different experience. That is what I love about ARTbundance - (created by Marney Makridakis - Artellaland) where this exercise is from.  It is so personal to you, everyone has a different experience, in fact if you did this again tomorrow, next week, next month, you would probably have a different experience yourself. Well you will!  Give it a go and see. 

Why not gift your body this song and notice how she feels!  Enjoy. Celine Dion - I'm Alive


Give and Receive Support...The DEEP Body Love Facebook Page


May I invite you to my DEEP Body Love Face Book Page so that we can all support each other to feel alive, no matter what and embrace ourselves fully with the good, the bad and the ugly and oh so very beautiful too!

Wishing you DEEP Body Love

Love 
Liz 




No comments: