23 October 2014

DEEP: Body Love's Theme Luscious Lull Part 2


Welcome to blog 2, continuing the theme of Luscious Lull as featured in October's 2014 Newsletter and Blog 1 DEEP: Body Love's Theme: Luscious  Lull Muse

The Risks and Reward of Lull

For me, Lull is a bit of a risk. I can feel like I should be doing something else, and thinking that being in a Lull state is so indulgent and not really achieving anything.  However, in fact it is the total opposite.  

I realize that there is a risk in what others may think of me.  What will people think of me if I am not "busy enough?" We sometimes get so caught up in our importance being measured by how busy we are and/or how busy we look, working hard, trying hard and Lull would just seem to contradict this.

The other risk in Lull is that we may actually get to feel, hear messages that may not be easy to process. When we are still, we might realize that something or someone is not working for us, and this may mean we are facing uncomfortable feelings. 

I know that I sometimes avoid Lull because I do not want to face something, and I think it's easy for us to get used to constantly pushing feelings, emotions, truths away because we find it hard to deal with them. 

What do you think? 

  • Does being in a Lull state of mind feel risky in any way? 
  • Why or why not? 
  • What is the risk and what is the payoff of Lull?


 Try this:

The risk of Lull is ...

The payoff of Lull is ...


and post your responses, I'd love to see what you're thinking!

 "And the day came when the risk it took to remain in the bud 
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."  
Anais Nin


Enjoy

Liz 

No comments: